Monday, May 2, 2011

Fresh Cut

This past weekend provided some really great weather (THANKS MOTHER NATURE)!!

Saturday I was able to go and hang out with my nephew and sister.  We did a little shopping and then went to eat at Pomegranate in Evanston.  AMAZING.  They had really great hummus and the food was really fresh.  Meghan and I both said that we would go back any time! 

Sunday was a day of cleaning and yard work.  Ethan brought out the new weed whacker and showed the grass who was boss.  Our yard is the size of a hot tub so there is no need to get a big mower.  The weed whacker worked just fine and I'm sure it didn't annoy our neighbors one bit! :-)


It's fun to watch Ethan take on this roll.  He finds such joy and ownership with our yard (no matter how small) and wants to make sure it looks the best.  I think he did a pretty fabulous job!!!

There are few things that I enjoy more than the smell of fresh cut grass.  It reminds me of summer, playing so hard that your shoes turned green, and watching my dad work in the yard.  Ethan and I both agreed that the smell of fresh cut grass is just one of those things that brings back really good memories. I was leaving the house this morning for my workout and the grass was just wet enough from the dew to emit this intoxicating aroma.  The smell literally stopped me in my tracks.  I stood on the deck for a couple minutes and just breathed in the freshness.

No comments:

Post a Comment