Thursday, September 29, 2011

What a Crock....

So yesterday I woke up early to get the CrockPot Lasagna ready.  Boy were we EXCITED to have this for dinner.  I assembled everything and placed my wonderful looking Lasagna into my CrockPot.  Turned it on low and left for work. 

I dreamt all day about the smells that would fill the house, the taste of the Lasagna, and how perfect it would be to warm us up on a cool day.  On the way home from work, Ethan and I talked about having some garlic bread with our Lasagna or a salad on the side.  As we pulled into the parking lot, I was relieved that our house was still standing (forgot to tell you that I also had minor anxiety all day about whether our house would be burned down). 

I opened the door to the house and the smell was intoxicating.  I started getting really excited and I think I may have even done a little happy dance.  Ethan came in and said "It smells really good!"

I didn't even want to change into my comfy clothes...I just wanted to see what it looked like and dig in for dinner. 

This is what I found:

BURNT....


I looked at Ethan, deflated and so so so embarrassed.  I said "Looks like we have to go out to dinner.  It's ruined."  He was quick to put his arms around me and tell me that it was okay...that this was not the end of the world and that I did everything I could to make this meal amazing.  He then reminded me that we are trying to eat better and that we have plenty of food in the house to make a different dinner. 

I managed to salvage one serving from the very center of the CrockPot disaster.  I put it in a container and placed it in the fridge for a later day.  


Later that night I put the Lasagna in a plastic bag to be taken out to the trash.  It was a brick of hardened cheese, noodles, and italian sausage and about 50% lighter than when I put it all together...Some day we will try this dish again...maybe not while we are away at work though....

No comments:

Post a Comment